Cambie Sports Stingers
2021-22 Fall / Winter Season Rule Amendments due to Covid
Due to Covid 19, special rules must be implemented to meet heath and government regulations. The following rules will supersede the regular PAHL rules till further notice and may be subject to change.
- Starting Sept. 13 all players and spectators must show proof of min. single vaccination.
- Starting Oct. 24 all players and spectators must show proof of double vaccination.
- Full rosters, 18 players per game
- 25 active players max. on your team roster.
- Players will require 10 regular season games to qualify for play-offs
- All payments must be made by the team rep or designated person. Each team will be responsible for collecting their own players money and then make one team payment each month or in full.
- Payment will be paid online.
Enter and Exiting Protocols
- Players must wait outside to only enter 30 min. before game time to get dressed.
Players must be out of the dressing room and facility 30 min after the game. No exceptions.
- There will be no handshakes or fist bumps at the end of the game. We ask that each team gives the other team a cheer from their zone and then leave the ice.
- Each player is required to bring their own water bottle. (please fill at home)
- All other PAHL rules will apply.
Chris Herie – League Manager, Planet Ice
Player Registration Procedure
With this new process all players will need a valid e-mail address.
Important League Info
- Team Reps must put players on the roster with valid e-mail address.
- Players will then get an e-mail from Hockey Community.
- Player will then login to confirm the e-mail address and accept the Waiver and fill out their profile,
- Players who do not accept the waiver prior to getting to the rink will NOT be allowed to play this season.
- There will be no in rink registrations .
- All Players must be registered to play in the league.
- Do not go on the ice until the scorekeeper or referee buzz you on.
- There is NO SMOKING in the dressing rooms ($300 fine first offence, $500 if it is pot., league expulsion on 2nd offence)
- There is NO Drinking of alcohol in the Parking lot.
- NEW forfeit fines.
- More the 48 hrs notice. $50
- less then 24 hrs notice. $75
- No notice will be $100
- the league is not responsible for forfeits.
- All players are required to have a matching jersey with a number.
- Please read the rules located on the league info button on the Planet Ice Website.
- In case of injury a team may pick up a goalie for play-offs with league approval.
- Players who receive 3 penalties in a game will be ejected from that game. (used to be 4)
Franchise Player Rule
- A player playing on a higher division team may qualify for play-offs for a team in a lower division that is more than 2 divisions apart if they play 20 of the leagues 32 games with the lower division team.
- If a player plays 20 games then that team is being tiered based on the franchise player in the lineup and is now part of the makeup of the team.
- Anything lower than the 65% mark the player will not qualify for play-offs with the lower division team and still play on the higher division team.
- A player who qualifies for both a higher divisions team (a team more than 2 divisions apart) and a lower division team but does not get in the franchise player status may choose to play play-off with the lower division team but cannot play any play-off games with the higher division team at any time during the play-offs.
Social Media Rule
- Any Social Media misconduct such as trolling , bullying, threating, racial comments or statements found not appropriate by Planet Ice league and facility management related to Planet Ice social media content including but not limited to our Facebook pages, Twitter pages & hockey Community can result in league suspensions.
Other Important Info
Drinking alcohol on the players bench in NOT ALLOWED, and your team will face a suspension if your are caught with alcohol on your bench.
Any team caught smoking pot in the dressing rooms will receive a $500 fine and the team will be suspended for a game.
Players are NOT ALLOWED to stretch on the ice after the game, teams must leave the ice after the hand shake after each game. players who do not comply could receive a game misconduct.