What we do
We love hockey as much as you do
Hockey Community is driven by passionate individuals with aspirations to grow the game of hockey. At HC we are working hard to build a universal platform which will easily connect people to other players, events, teams, rinks, stores and more.
HC is fueled by a community of players who also contribute daily to provide more accessibility to the sport we all love. You can help too by joining our team - let’s make hockey happen together!.
Full Stack Developer
Hockey Community is looking for a full-stack developer who has a passion for delivering excellent experiences to users through a combination of front-end and back-end skills. Applicants should be ready to rock at a fast-paced and fluid development pipeline, and be able to deliver stable, secure, and highly performant solutions to difficult problems.
This is a permanent full-time position which includes benefits, paid vacation, educational funds, hockey-related incentives with plenty of opportunities to grow with a tight-knit hockey oriented team that values work & life balance. Love hockey and coding? This is the position for you!
- Experience with a wide variety of technologies, both front-end and back-end
- An understanding of great design and user experience.
- Passionate about the growth of hockey and innovative and cutting-edge technology.
- Creative and open minded.
- Loves to travel with the willingness to work from different locations.
- Highly energetic and self-motivated.
- Loves to tackle problem-solving challenges.
- Keeps up with the latest technology trends and hockey culture.
Your life with HC (Responsibilities)
- Implement technological solutions to improve the end-user experience, through changes to our API and UI.
- Build and improve the web/mobile experiences for a better User Experience and User Interface.
- Add new features and maintain existing features of our API.
- Participate in discussions with the development team about technical challenges; plan and apply scalable solutions.
- Maintain and promote the growth of the HC brand through technology.
Your superpowers and capabilities
- 1+ years experience of full-stack web development
- Experience with Linux systems
- Experience with databases and memory stores (MySQL and Redis)
- Experience building Ruby on Rails applications
- Experience building APIs
- Ability to debug complex problems involving full stacks of API, database and network layers
- Experience with CSS pre-processors (sass, less, stylus)
- Experience with both mobile and web development, focused on responsive design
- Experience with cross-browser development.
- Excellent testing/debugging skills.
- Knowledge of frameworks such as Angular/React/Vue a bonus
- Knowledge of build and development systems such as Webpack/Gulp/Grunt a bonus
- High level of organization and strong attention to detail.
- BONUS: Hockey + sports enthusiast. Purely loves the sport as much as the HC team does!
- BONUS: Speaks French